Jan 30, 2010

Land Ahoy!

I have been away from home (read Kolkata) for two years now. First, it was Mumbai and then Bengaluru. Time went by like a breeze on the personal front. There was work (after two years of doing my own thing between 2006 and 2008) and a little money too. Life took an all new meaning when there was money to be drawn from an ATM at the end of every month.


However, there were a few things that kept flashing ever so mildly at the back of my mind. Friends, family, the fact that my daughter was growing up with fairy tales of her grandparents and motorcycles haunted me as I churned out power point and excel files on my office desk between 9 to 6. I decided that it was time to head back to the only place that could be called home. By mid February, I hope to get on that plane and see Nitin's smiling face at the airport once I land. I have never been an ambitious person and I am happy going back to a lesser paying job as long as I have people who care around. Then again, the feasibility of Monoshock starting up is higher on the hallowed grounds of Kolkata.

I look forward to churning out those e magazines as much as some of you look forward to reading them. The power point and excel sheets will have priority, but then, so will friends, family and motorcycles!

See you soon people. The view from the east is better!
- Rahul

No comments: